Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Barbeque Salmon


Here is another salmon recipe I want to try! It sounds so good and easy.

Best BBQ Salmon


This is another one from The Sisters' Cafe.

This is my favorite salmon recipe, hands down! It is incredibly easy too…no more than 5 minutes prep time. I’ve submitted the original recipe but I have to be honest… sometimes I don’t cook the butter, honey and sugar together. I just throw all the ingredients (minus the butter) in a tupperware or gallon plastic bag, mix it together, and add the salmon. I even use the pre-chopped garlic in a jar sometimes (my sisters would be appalled!) – it is super fast and easy and grills up absolutely delicious!
Barbecue Salmon
submitted by Brittany
1 T. butter
1 T. honey
1 T. brown sugar
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. dijon mustard
1 T. olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 lbs. salmon fillet
Stir honey with butter and sugar in small frying pan until butter is melted. Add remaining ingredients. Rinse fish and pat dry; place in sauce for 15 min to 1 hour. Place salmon on a large piece of aluminum foil, making a boat. Pour sauce over fish. Place foil boat on grill, lightly crimping the top together but not sealed.  Grill for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
*I have tried grilling this but to be honest I think it is way better in the oven!! I cook mine under the broiler for about 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon-if it is very thick, I’ll turn it over part way through). Just broil it on a piece of tin foil but not wrapped in the boat; approx 6 inches from heat. It is very important that you DO NOT OVERCOOK!! Salmon is best if it is very moist. Test for doneness by poking with a fork and twisting gently – if it flakes, it’s ready.  The broiler will carmelize the marinade a little on top… fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment