Monday, February 13, 2012

Christa's Fried Ice Cream Dessert

My sister-in-law Christa first made this for us and it is amazing! Every time I take it somewhere I get rave reviews. It tastes just like the fried ice cream you get at Mexican restaurants. So good!

Fried Ice Cream Dessert

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup of sugar (I forgot to take a picture of that)
3 cups of crushed corn flakes
2 qts. of vanilla ice cream (softened)
1 container of whipped topping
1 t. cinnamon
Honey, for drizzling
(I didn't really use name brands because these flavors work together, and using the store brands of the ingredients works just fine)




[DSC02183.JPG]

Melt butter in frying pan.

Add corn flakes and sugar. Fry for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly so the sugar doesn't burn.

Pat about 1/2 - 2/3 of this mixture into a 9x13 pan.

I let the ice cream sit out for about 1/2 hour to soften it. In a LARGE bowl, beat together (I use a hand mixer) the ice cream, whipped topping, and cinnamon.


Pour ice cream mixture on top of crust in the 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top and freeze. Lightly drizzle each serving with honey. OLE!



No comments:

Post a Comment