Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taco Soup

There are very few recipes that are a sure hit with every member of the family, but this is one of them. From Jason to Jake, we all LOVE this soup. Let's be honest, most taco soups are good. I've tried millions of them. Well, okay, several different kinds, and while they are all good, this one wins because of its simplicity and flavor. My mother in law gave me this recipe as a "bag meal" where you have all the ingredients for a meal in one bag and can just grab it and go. I add ground meat (don't ask what kind, just pretend it's beef). This is originally a crock pot recipe, but I use my cast iron pot for a quick one-pot meal.

1 lb. ground beef or meat of your choice
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 can chili with meat
1 can black beans
1 can corn (I like to use frozen corn)
2-3 Tbs. taco seasoning (about 1/2 a packet)


Brown the hamburger in a skillet or cast iron pot. Drain fat if you want to. Add the rest of the ingredients and heat through! Add taco seasoning to taste. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment