Monday, February 13, 2012

Creamy Broccoli Soup

This is a family favorite. Even my picky kids love it. You can chop the broccoli or use an immersion blender for smaller chunks of broccoli, or just leave them big and juicy. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine when I was but a newlywed. Ah, the days of yore.



Creamy Broccoli Soup


2 cups water
4 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
2 pkgs (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli (sometimes I use 1 16 oz. bag instead)
2 Tbs. finely chopped onion (I use frozen)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups evaporated milk
2 cups sour cream (low-fat works fine)
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. pepper
In a large saucepan, combine the water and bouillon. Add broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment